From state transportation department spokesperson Darah Waldrip:
The Texas Department of Transportation continues to monitor and treat roads for ice and snow this morning in the Abilene and Brownwood Districts.
San Saba, Mills and McCulloch counties are now reporting freezing precipitation affecting road conditions, and the weather could soon spread to nearby areas.
Counties in the Abilene District had major roadways cleared by Thursday evening, but crews continue to treat slick spots and are monitoring conditions. Some counties to the north are receiving light snow.
Temperatures are expected to rise this afternoon, and drivers are encouraged to delay travel until conditions improve.
Inclement weather is affecting other parts of the state. Statewide road conditions are available by calling 800-452-9292.
TxDOT's Brownwood District includes: Stephens, Eastland, Comanche, Brown, Mills, Coleman, McCulloch, San Saba and Lampasas Counties
TxDOT's Abilene District includes: Kent, Stonewall, Haskell, Borden, Scurry, Fisher, Jones, Shackelford, Howard, Mitchell, Nolan, Taylor and Callahan Counties
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated