ABILENE, Texas - TxDOT crews will repair cracked pavement on major roads in the coming weeks.
On the last week of February, work will begin on I-20 and FM 603 in Callahan county.
At the same time, work will also begin in Taylor county on I-20 and the Winters Freeway.
At some spots, intersections and lanes could be closed. There could also be some detours.Drivers are urged to watch out for construction crews.
According to a statement from TxDOT, crack sealing preserves the life of a road by applying sealing material directly into the cracks of the pavement to prevent moisture damage.
TxDOT's Abilene district usually schedules the work annually during the cooler months.
- Updated $108M later, Port of Houston gives up on cruise ships
- Updated Video shows man using stolen credit card at Abilene store
- Updated Wanted Wednesday: Man, 21, sought by Abilene police
- Updated Reagan's daughter criticizes decision to free Hinkley
- Updated Gang member on Texas 10 Most Wanted sex offender list caught