ABILENE, Texas - TxDOT crews will repair cracked pavement on major roads in the coming weeks.
On the last week of February, work will begin on I-20 and FM 603 in Callahan county.
At the same time, work will also begin in Taylor county on I-20 and the Winters Freeway.
At some spots, intersections and lanes could be closed. There could also be some detours.Drivers are urged to watch out for construction crews.
According to a statement from TxDOT, crack sealing preserves the life of a road by applying sealing material directly into the cracks of the pavement to prevent moisture damage.
TxDOT's Abilene district usually schedules the work annually during the cooler months.
- Obama shortens more than 100 prison sentences
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Texan who faked being decorated Navy SEAL gets prison
- New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- KTXS Forecast: Thundershower chances persist into the weekend
Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- McMurry University kicks off school year with convocation
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident