Texas Department of Transportation crews will be working on the following projects in Abilene and Taylor County over the next few days:
Abilene Area Office construction projects:
- FM 89 reconstruction and widening project: Patching and erosion control work continues at Richey Creek.
- I-20 frontage roads from Pine Street to Loop 322: Eastbound exit #290 to Loop 322/SH 36 and the entrance ramp past SH 351 remain closed as crews build new ramps. Work continues on inside lanes on the east end of the project and turnarounds at the SH 351 intersection.
- Various locations: Pavement markings will be refreshed on various roadways throughout Taylor and other nearby counties until the end of May. Drivers should avoid crossing wet pavement markings and should keep their distance if they encounter a striping truck.
Taylor County Maintenance Office projects:
- FM 1235 from County Road 301 to View: Level-up, edge and shoulder repair.
- FM 613 from Buffalo Gap to Tuscola: Repair shoulders.
- I-20 Business: Repair paved ditch.
- FM 1235 from Merkel to CR 301: Profile road surface.
- Updated Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Updated Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer