ABILENE, Texas - The following is a list of planned Texas Department of Transportation projects in Abilene and Taylor County for July 29 through August 2.
Abilene Area Office construction projects:
1. Loop 322 from I-20 to the Waldrop Interchange: Resurfacing continues on the main lanes. Drivers should expect intermittent lane closures.
2. Rainy Creek Bridge, E. US 80 east of Loop 322: Work to replace the bridge continues. Traffic is limited to one lane in each direction.
3. FM 2833 (East Lake Road): Crews will continue blade patching.
4. I-20 frontage roads from Pine Street to Loop 322: Work continues on inside lanes, turnarounds and ramps on the east end of the project. Eastbound exit #290 to Loop 322/SH 36 and the entrance ramp past SH 351 remain closed as crews build new ramps.
Taylor County Maintenance Office projects:
1. FM 3438: Silt removal.
2. I-20 Business: Paved ditch maintenance. Work will require lane closures on South 1st Street between Pioneer Drive and Butternut Street.
3. FM 1235 near 4th Street in Merkel: Base failure repair.
- Updated Convicted man on Texas Most Wanted sex offender list caught
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Associated Press releases it's Texas high school football rankings for Week 1
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase