ABILENE, Texas - The following is an excerpt from a Texas Department of Transportation press release regarding planned Abilene and Taylor County construction and maintenance projects for November 11-15:
Abilene Area Office construction projects:
- Loop 322 from Lytle Creek to Maple Street: Work continues to convert frontage roads to one-way operation. Inside lanes nearest the freeway are closed. Crews continue working on culverts and retaining walls for the turnarounds at Oldham and Industrial streets, as well as building a new exit ramp for Industrial from the southbound lanes of the freeway.
- Loop 322 from I-20 to the Waldrop Interchange: The inside lane is closed for work on the guard rail at Cedar Creek on the southbound lanes between Maple Street and the Waldrop Interchange. This should be completed in about two weeks.
- I-20 frontage roads from Pine Street to Loop 322: Crews will begin paving the outside half of the frontage roads between SH 351 and Loop 322.
- Rainy Creek Bridge, E. US 80 east of Loop 322: Work to replace the bridge continues. Traffic is limited to one lane in each direction.
Taylor County Maintenance Office projects:
- Treadaway from South 14th to Industrial: Silt removal and pavement edge repair.
- US 277 from FM 3438 to FM 1235: Pavement edge repair.
- I-20 from Trent to Merkel: Blade level-up.
- US 83, SH 36 and Loop 322: Build traffic management berms in various locations.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Above normal temperatures continue
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth