ABILENE, Texas - The following is an excerpt from a Texas Department of Transportation press release regarding planned Abilene and Taylor County construction and maintenance projects for November 11-15:
Abilene Area Office construction projects:
- Loop 322 from Lytle Creek to Maple Street: Work continues to convert frontage roads to one-way operation. Inside lanes nearest the freeway are closed. Crews continue working on culverts and retaining walls for the turnarounds at Oldham and Industrial streets, as well as building a new exit ramp for Industrial from the southbound lanes of the freeway.
- Loop 322 from I-20 to the Waldrop Interchange: The inside lane is closed for work on the guard rail at Cedar Creek on the southbound lanes between Maple Street and the Waldrop Interchange. This should be completed in about two weeks.
- I-20 frontage roads from Pine Street to Loop 322: Crews will begin paving the outside half of the frontage roads between SH 351 and Loop 322.
- Rainy Creek Bridge, E. US 80 east of Loop 322: Work to replace the bridge continues. Traffic is limited to one lane in each direction.
Taylor County Maintenance Office projects:
- Treadaway from South 14th to Industrial: Silt removal and pavement edge repair.
- US 277 from FM 3438 to FM 1235: Pavement edge repair.
- I-20 from Trent to Merkel: Blade level-up.
- US 83, SH 36 and Loop 322: Build traffic management berms in various locations.
- Updated 'Eerily similar' earthquake hit Italian region in 2009
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles welcomed home to Texas
- Updated 2016 rainfall totals exceed normal yearly average in Abilene
- Updated Rival schools lend football gear to Oklahoma team after fire