ABILENE, Texas - Below is an excerpt from a Texas Department of Transportation press release regarding planned construction and maintenance projects for Abilene and Taylor County from Oct. 28 to Nov. 1.
Abilene Area Office construction projects:
- Loop 322 from Lytle Creek to Maple Street: Work continues to convert frontage roads to one-way operation. Inside lanes nearest the freeway are closed for construction and traffic is routed in one direction on both sides of the road within the project limits. Crews are working on retaining walls and culverts.
- Loop 322 from I-20 to the Waldrop Interchange: The outside lane has been closed for work on the concrete bridge rail at Cedar Creek on the northbound lanes between Maple Street and the Waldrop Interchange. It will take several weeks to complete this final part of the project.
- I-20 frontage roads from Pine Street to Loop 322: Crews continue work on frontage roads, turnarounds and ramps. Drivers should use caution and follow warning signs and traffic control devices.
- Rainy Creek Bridge, E. US 80 east of Loop 322: Work to replace the bridge continues. Traffic is limited to one lane in each direction.
Taylor County Maintenance Office projects:
- I-20 from Trent to Merkel: Blade level-up.
- US 277 from FM 3438 to FM 1235: Silt removal and pavement edge repair.
- FM 89 between Rebecca Lane and Robertson Drive: Silt removal, ditch cleaning and storm drain repair work continues. Some lane closures will be necessary.
- Updated Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Police arrest San Angelo city employee after theft investigation
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- Texas ag chief OKs use of poison to bring a 'hog apocalypse'