ABILENE, Texas - Below is an excerpt from a Texas Department of Transportation press release regarding planned construction and maintenance projects for Abilene and Taylor County from Oct. 28 to Nov. 1.
Abilene Area Office construction projects:
- Loop 322 from Lytle Creek to Maple Street: Work continues to convert frontage roads to one-way operation. Inside lanes nearest the freeway are closed for construction and traffic is routed in one direction on both sides of the road within the project limits. Crews are working on retaining walls and culverts.
- Loop 322 from I-20 to the Waldrop Interchange: The outside lane has been closed for work on the concrete bridge rail at Cedar Creek on the northbound lanes between Maple Street and the Waldrop Interchange. It will take several weeks to complete this final part of the project.
- I-20 frontage roads from Pine Street to Loop 322: Crews continue work on frontage roads, turnarounds and ramps. Drivers should use caution and follow warning signs and traffic control devices.
- Rainy Creek Bridge, E. US 80 east of Loop 322: Work to replace the bridge continues. Traffic is limited to one lane in each direction.
Taylor County Maintenance Office projects:
- I-20 from Trent to Merkel: Blade level-up.
- US 277 from FM 3438 to FM 1235: Silt removal and pavement edge repair.
- FM 89 between Rebecca Lane and Robertson Drive: Silt removal, ditch cleaning and storm drain repair work continues. Some lane closures will be necessary.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated