The following is an excerpt from a Texas Department of Transportation press release regarding planned construction and maintenance projects in Abilene and Taylor County for Oct. 7-11:
Abilene Area Office construction projects:
- I-20 frontage roads from Pine Street to Loop 322: Crews continue work on frontage roads, turnarounds and ramps. Drivers should use caution and follow warning signs and traffic control devices.
- Loop 322 from I-20 to the Waldrop Interchange: Crews are completing paving work and preparing for striping and guard rail installation. Drivers should expect intermittent daytime lane and ramp closures.
- Rainy Creek Bridge, E. US 80 east of Loop 322: Work to replace the bridge continues. Traffic is limited to one lane in each direction.
Taylor County Maintenance Office projects:
- I-20 from Shirley Road to Tye: Blade level-up on north frontage road.
- I-20 Business near Tye City Hall: Blade level-up paved ditch.
- US 277 from FM 3438 to FM 1235: Repair pavement edges; silt removal.
- FM 89 between Rebecca Lane and Robertson Drive: Silt removal, ditch cleaning and storm drain repair work continues. Some lane closures will be necessary.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- Brookesmith school board selects interim superintendent
- Victim testifies against former chief in Anson sexual assault trial
- Clyde Intermediate School teachers save student from choking