According to the Texas Department of Transportation, the reconstruction and widening project on FM 89 will continue this week along with several other roadside maintenance projects.
TxDOT crews will work on patching and erosion control on FM 89. Paving on the final section will likely begin in May when warm weather is more consistent. The final seal coat will be completed over the summer.
Until the end of May, pavement markings will be refreshed on various roadways throughout Taylor County and surrounding counties. TxDOT officials advise drivers to avoid areas with wet markings and to keep their distance from striping trucks.
Taylor County Maintenance Office projects include level-up, edge and shoulder repairs on FM 1235 from County Road 301 to View. Crews will also be repairing shoulders on FM 613 from Buffalo Gap Road to Tuscola. Other crews will be repairing a paved ditch on I-20 Business.
- Security guard fatally shot at Central Texas Subway sandwich shop
- Drive-by shooter targets police substation in Dallas
- Emmy-winning actor and Fort Worth native Bill Paxton, 61, dies from surgery complications
- KTXS Forecast: Breezy and sunny days ahead, a cool down on the way
- Joseph Wapner, star of 'The People's Court,' dead at 97
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash