According to the Texas Department of Transportation, the reconstruction and widening project on FM 89 will continue this week along with several other roadside maintenance projects.
TxDOT crews will work on patching and erosion control on FM 89. Paving on the final section will likely begin in May when warm weather is more consistent. The final seal coat will be completed over the summer.
Until the end of May, pavement markings will be refreshed on various roadways throughout Taylor County and surrounding counties. TxDOT officials advise drivers to avoid areas with wet markings and to keep their distance from striping trucks.
Taylor County Maintenance Office projects include level-up, edge and shoulder repairs on FM 1235 from County Road 301 to View. Crews will also be repairing shoulders on FM 613 from Buffalo Gap Road to Tuscola. Other crews will be repairing a paved ditch on I-20 Business.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated