ABILENE, Texas - Below is a complete list of Texas Department of Transportation projects planned for Abilene and Taylor County from Monday through Friday, July 5.
Abilene Area Office construction projects:
1. US 83 from Antilley to Iberis Road: Seal coating continues.
2. I-20 frontage roads from Pine Street to Loop 322: Work continues on inside lanes, turnarounds and ramps on the east end of the project. Eastbound exit #290 to Loop 322/SH 36 and the entrance ramp past SH 351 remain closed as crews build new ramps.
3. Loop 322 from I-20 to the Waldrop Interchange: Resurfacing work continues. Crews will be working on the driving lanes at the Maple Street underpass. Drivers should exercise extra caution when entering eastbound Loop 322 from the Waldrop Interchange because only one lane will be available for merging traffic from US 83. Message boards will be in place during the weekend to notify drivers of the upcoming work.
4. Rainy Creek Bridge, E. US 80 east of Loop 322: Work to replace the bridge is under way. Traffic will be limited to one lane in each direction while the other two lanes are closed for construction.
Taylor County Maintenance Office projects:
1. BI-20R (S. 1st Street): Repair base failures and level-up in paved ditches.
2. FM 3438 near US 277 intersection: Level-up.
3. FM 3438 near Texas Avenue: Remove silt.
4. US 83 near I-20: Build ditch berms.
- Updated Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Updated Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen