ABILENE, Texas - Below is an excerpt from a Texas Department of Transportation press release detailing the list of planned construction and maintenance projects for Abilene and Taylor County for the week of September 23-27:
Abilene Area Office construction projects:
- I-20 frontage roads from Pine Street to Loop 322: Crews continue work on frontage roads, turnarounds and ramps. Drivers should use caution and follow warning signs and traffic control devices.
- Loop 322 from I-20 to the Waldrop Interchange: Crews are completing remaining paving work and will begin striping soon. Drivers should expect intermittent daytime lane and ramp closures.
- Rainy Creek Bridge, E. US 80 east of Loop 322: Work to replace the bridge continues. Traffic is limited to one lane in each direction.
- Upcoming project: Work to convert frontage roads from two-way to one-way operation on Loop 322 from Maple Street to Lytle Creek is expected to begin in October.
Taylor County Maintenance Office projects:
- US 277 near FM 707 intersection: Level-up pavement.
- FM 89 between Rebecca Lane and Robertson Drive: Silt removal, ditch cleaning and storm drain repair. Work will continue to FM 707 through November. Some lane closures will be necessary.
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- KTXS Forecast: Afternoon stray t-shower possible for West-Central Texas
- Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene