ABILENE, Texas - Below is an excerpt from a Texas Department of Transportation press release detailing the list of planned construction and maintenance projects for Abilene and Taylor County for the week of September 23-27:
Abilene Area Office construction projects:
- I-20 frontage roads from Pine Street to Loop 322: Crews continue work on frontage roads, turnarounds and ramps. Drivers should use caution and follow warning signs and traffic control devices.
- Loop 322 from I-20 to the Waldrop Interchange: Crews are completing remaining paving work and will begin striping soon. Drivers should expect intermittent daytime lane and ramp closures.
- Rainy Creek Bridge, E. US 80 east of Loop 322: Work to replace the bridge continues. Traffic is limited to one lane in each direction.
- Upcoming project: Work to convert frontage roads from two-way to one-way operation on Loop 322 from Maple Street to Lytle Creek is expected to begin in October.
Taylor County Maintenance Office projects:
- US 277 near FM 707 intersection: Level-up pavement.
- FM 89 between Rebecca Lane and Robertson Drive: Silt removal, ditch cleaning and storm drain repair. Work will continue to FM 707 through November. Some lane closures will be necessary.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated