ABILENE, Texas - Abilene Christian University students sat quietly in the Mabee Business Building Wednesday evening as President Barack Obama and Governor Mitt Romney participated in the first Presidential debate.
The students took note of each candidates demeanor, their responses and the way they handled their disagreements.
"It doesn't seem too hostile or too hateful," said ACU student Stewart McGregor.
"I think people may get a little tired of when one says, 'oh that's inaccurate," but I think they're handling it very well," said Laura Kate Music, who also attends ACU.
Both Republicans and Democrats have stressed the importance of getting votes from young adults.
- Updated Rio Olympics: Is Brazil ready for the 2016 Games?
- Updated Witness to Abilene man's murder names Gootee as shooter
- Updated Ex-NFL quarterback Tim Tebow to speak in Brownwood next year
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Rain chances fade, temperatures climb
- Updated Bill Cosby drops lawsuit against accuser