Exit 288 on westbound Interstate 20 to State Highway 351 will be closed just after 8:30 a.m. Monday as Texas Department of Transportation crews continue work on the frontage road construction project.
TxDOT officials expect the ramp to be reopened by the end of the week. In the meantime, westbound traffic will be redirected to exit 290.
Once the exit reopens, the westbound entrance ramp to I-20 just after Musgrave Boulevard will be closed until April 12 and traffic will be able to enter I-20 at the ramp located near North Judge Ely Boulevard.
Exit 290 to Loop 322/State Highway 36 and the entrance ramp past Highway 351 will remain closed until the ramps are completed.
Officials said the closures will allow crews to continue reconstructing frontage roads.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated