ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was sentenced to 55 years in prison Thursday for sexually abusing his child relative.
Kevin Kellerby, 37, was arrested for the continuous sexual abuse of a child in January 2012 after Child Protective Services reported him to police.
According to police, Kellerby admitted to raping his 11-year-old female relative several times.
Kellerby faced 25 to 99 years, or life, in prison and up to a $10,000 fine for the offense.
A Taylor County jury found him guilty Wednesday and sentenced him to 55 years in prison with a $7,000 fine Thursday.
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase