ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was sentenced to 55 years in prison Thursday for sexually abusing his child relative.
Kevin Kellerby, 37, was arrested for the continuous sexual abuse of a child in January 2012 after Child Protective Services reported him to police.
According to police, Kellerby admitted to raping his 11-year-old female relative several times.
Kellerby faced 25 to 99 years, or life, in prison and up to a $10,000 fine for the offense.
A Taylor County jury found him guilty Wednesday and sentenced him to 55 years in prison with a $7,000 fine Thursday.
- Updated Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Updated Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen