ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was sentenced to 55 years in prison Thursday for sexually abusing his child relative.
Kevin Kellerby, 37, was arrested for the continuous sexual abuse of a child in January 2012 after Child Protective Services reported him to police.
According to police, Kellerby admitted to raping his 11-year-old female relative several times.
Kellerby faced 25 to 99 years, or life, in prison and up to a $10,000 fine for the offense.
A Taylor County jury found him guilty Wednesday and sentenced him to 55 years in prison with a $7,000 fine Thursday.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Severe weather possible tonight, sunshine back tomorrow
- Texas high school transgender wrestler wins regional title
- Man arrested for slaying of Caldwell County woman