ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was sentenced to 55 years in prison Thursday for sexually abusing his child relative.
Kevin Kellerby, 37, was arrested for the continuous sexual abuse of a child in January 2012 after Child Protective Services reported him to police.
According to police, Kellerby admitted to raping his 11-year-old female relative several times.
Kellerby faced 25 to 99 years, or life, in prison and up to a $10,000 fine for the offense.
A Taylor County jury found him guilty Wednesday and sentenced him to 55 years in prison with a $7,000 fine Thursday.
- 'America' band member David Dickey passes away in Sweetwater
- Schools to rally behind Iraan cheerleaders and football players
- Sweetwater Christmas parade kicking off Monday night
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive