ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man has died of his injuries sustained in a rollover accident around 11:00 P.M. last night. According to police, alcohol was a contributing factor of the crash.
Chase Williams, 28, was driving north on Highway 84 late Wednesday night, about to take the exit for Loop 322 near Treadaway when he lost control of his truck. His vehicle left the roadway and Williams overcorrected to the right and went into the embankment. The truck rolled multiple times, ejecting Williams from the vehicle.
The two other occupants of the vehicle were injured in the crash, Stephanie Holt,27, and Ricky Rolin, 28, both of Abilene.
All three people in the car were taken to Hendrick Medical Center where Williams was pronounced dead. The other two passengers were treated for non-life threatening injuries and released.
The previous story:
Three people were hospitalized after losing control on Loop 322 near Treadaway. Both passengers were treated for non-life threatening injuries, and the driver is in serious condition.
The truck was leaving Lake Kirby and heading north on Highway 84 late Wednesday night. They were about to take the east exit onto Loop 322 when they lost control and rolled their truck multiple times.
The driver and both passengers were taken to Hendrick Medical Center. Alcohol is believed to be a factor in the accident.
- Updated Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- San Angelo city councilman asked to resign over racial Facebook comments
- Updated Storms result in phone problems at Brownwood Police Department
- Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- Updated Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- 140-year-old hardware store to stay open under new ownership
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field