ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man has died of his injuries sustained in a rollover accident around 11:00 P.M. last night. According to police, alcohol was a contributing factor of the crash.
Chase Williams, 28, was driving north on Highway 84 late Wednesday night, about to take the exit for Loop 322 near Treadaway when he lost control of his truck. His vehicle left the roadway and Williams overcorrected to the right and went into the embankment. The truck rolled multiple times, ejecting Williams from the vehicle.
The two other occupants of the vehicle were injured in the crash, Stephanie Holt,27, and Ricky Rolin, 28, both of Abilene.
All three people in the car were taken to Hendrick Medical Center where Williams was pronounced dead. The other two passengers were treated for non-life threatening injuries and released.
The previous story:
Three people were hospitalized after losing control on Loop 322 near Treadaway. Both passengers were treated for non-life threatening injuries, and the driver is in serious condition.
The truck was leaving Lake Kirby and heading north on Highway 84 late Wednesday night. They were about to take the east exit onto Loop 322 when they lost control and rolled their truck multiple times.
The driver and both passengers were taken to Hendrick Medical Center. Alcohol is believed to be a factor in the accident.
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated DPS identifies man killed in Hwy 84 crash near Santa Anna, Coleman
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017