ABILENE, Texas - A 26-year old Abilene man was found guilty of murder Friday afternoon and sentenced to 25 years in prison Monday.
A Taylor County jury found Alfred James Williams guilty of the October 2011 murder of 22-year-old Kerion Harness. Harness was shot at Little Elm Condos.
The defense tried to argue that Williams acted in self defense, but a jury rejected that theory. Williams faced up to 99 years in prison but the jury sentenced him to 25 years Monday.
- Texas ag chief OKs use of poison to bring a 'hog apocalypse'
- Abilene man arrested for possession of child pornography
- San Angelo meth distribution conspiracy member sentenced to life in prison
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- Wanted: Abilene police seek teen & woman