ABILENE, Texas - A 26-year old Abilene man was found guilty of murder Friday afternoon and sentenced to 25 years in prison Monday.
A Taylor County jury found Alfred James Williams guilty of the October 2011 murder of 22-year-old Kerion Harness. Harness was shot at Little Elm Condos.
The defense tried to argue that Williams acted in self defense, but a jury rejected that theory. Williams faced up to 99 years in prison but the jury sentenced him to 25 years Monday.
- Updated Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles welcomed home to Texas
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Rival schools lend football gear to Oklahoma team after fire
- Updated Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase
- Updated Police: Man charged in Texas mosque threat later apologized