Multiple storm reports from the Mall of Abilene, Albertons, and Walmart on the far southside of Abilene tell the tale of some amazing winds moving through that part of Abilene.
Home Depot on Southwest Drive is remaining open until midnight if people need to get supplies.
A viewer sent pictures of damage at Albertsons. Part of the roof has been ripped off. Windows have been shattered. Product inside of the store was blown over. A viewer reported that the staff took them inside a freezer to wait out the storm as it blew through.
Another viewer reported a similar situation at Walmart on Southwest Drive. When the storm warnings came in, employees took customers inside the freezer to wait it out.
At the Mall of Abilene, rain has flooded the area just outside of Best Buy when debris flew through the skylight and sent it crashing to the floor below.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- Updated Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program