ABILENE, Texas - A burning candle is to blame for a fire that destroyed a north Abilene home Sunday night.
Firefighters arrived at the home in the 1600 block of Roosevelt Street around 8 p.m. and were able to extinguish the fire in under an hour.
The home suffered severe smoke, heat and water damage and firefighters called it a total loss.
Firefighters said police were first called to the scene for a domestic disturbance. While police were on scene, a resident of the home realized the house had caught fire.
Nobody was injured in the fire.
- Updated Texas gunman had 2 weapons, thousands of rounds at scene
- Children subject of Amber Alert found dead, mother arrested
- KTXS Forecast: Isolated sprinkles possible then drying afternoon
- Updated North Texas son, 18, gets life in prison for killing parents
- Updated Fugitive Monday: Man, 27, wanted by Abilene police for parole violation
- Texas Roadhouse in Abilene donating to non-profit for cancer patients
- Man pleads guilty in connection with brutal 2014 Abilene murder, sentenced to life
- Abilene man fires shot during fight with roommate
- $4,000 TV stolen during burglary of Abilene apartment
- More Abilene convenience store robberies reported
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend
- Low enrollment causing Brookesmith ISD to look into restructuring
- Firefighters respond to house fire in Clyde, rescue dog