ABILENE, Texas - An arrest has been made after a man fled from a Taylor County sheriff's deputy just before 8 p.m. Wednesday in Abilene.
The man, Scottie Dale Thomas, 37, was pulled over for a traffic stop after a deputy realized Thomas was wanted for a parole violation. According to the sheriff's office, Thomas got out of his car, where the chase continued on foot.
The chase occurred in south Abilene near South 7th Street. It came to an end with help from Abilene police near the intersection of Corsicana and Laguna.
The driver was arrested and his vehicle was hauled off.
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen