ABILENE, Texas - An arrest has been made after a man fled from a Taylor County sheriff's deputy just before 8 p.m. Wednesday in Abilene.
The man, Scottie Dale Thomas, 37, was pulled over for a traffic stop after a deputy realized Thomas was wanted for a parole violation. According to the sheriff's office, Thomas got out of his car, where the chase continued on foot.
The chase occurred in south Abilene near South 7th Street. It came to an end with help from Abilene police near the intersection of Corsicana and Laguna.
The driver was arrested and his vehicle was hauled off.
- Updated Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Updated Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Texan on 10 Most Wanted sex offender list caught in Mexico
- KTXS Forecast: Tracking scattered cloud cover with low to mid-80s for the work week
- Abilene locations to offer early voting Monday
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated