ABILENE, Texas - An arrest has been made after a man fled from a Taylor County sheriff's deputy just before 8 p.m. Wednesday in Abilene.
The man, Scottie Dale Thomas, 37, was pulled over for a traffic stop after a deputy realized Thomas was wanted for a parole violation. According to the sheriff's office, Thomas got out of his car, where the chase continued on foot.
The chase occurred in south Abilene near South 7th Street. It came to an end with help from Abilene police near the intersection of Corsicana and Laguna.
The driver was arrested and his vehicle was hauled off.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash