ABILENE, Texas - A man has been charged in connection to a north Abilene stabbing that sent one woman to the hospital Friday morning.
Raul Galvan, 51, was arrested around 9 p.m. on Austin Street after allegedly alluding police for 10 hours following the stabbing at a home on Kirkwood Street around 11:45 a.m.
According to an arrest report, Galvan was dating the 33-year-old female victim and went to the home to confront her about a "previous event." Police said the confrontation became physical and a knife was produced in the fight. Officers said the victim had multiple lacerations and Galvan suffered only one.
Police said the victim had defensive wounds. She was loaded into an ambulance Friday and transported to Hendrick Medical Center. Police at the scene on Kirkwood St. Friday said she was in stable condition and her injuries did not seem to be life-threatening.
Galvan was booked into the Taylor County Jail by Saturday and bail was set at $35,000. He bonded out within 24 hours. He is charged with second degree felony aggravated assault, family violence.
- August 2016 ties August 1914 as wettest in Texas
- City of Abilene receives 2,000+ complaints or comments about water bills
- Updated Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Shuttle bus rear-ended at Boston airport, killing 2 Texans
- Agency shakeup: 4 regional CPS directors fired, including director of Abilene region
- Paint Creek reacts to Perry's Dancing with the Stars casting
- Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested