ABILENE, Texas - A suspected shoplifter is facing more serious charges after flashing a knife at Walmart employees.
About 9:15 p.m. Tuesday, police say employees at the north Abilene Walmart stopped 33-year-old Joshua David Patton just outside the store when they suspected him of shoplifting.
The police report indicates Patton flashed a knife at employees so they backed off and called authorities. They were able to give police a description of the vehicle he was driving and police stopped his car near Ambler and North Judge Ely.
Patton has been charged with aggravated robbery because of his use of a knife.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated