ABILENE, Texas - Mark Karazuas, 36, has been identified as the man killed Saturday afternoon after he was hit by a train in South Abilene.
Abilene police say the conductor of the Union Pacific train was traveling west and saw the man lying on the tracks above the Pine Street overpass.
The conductor tried but was unable to stop the train.
The train finally came to a stop at South 1st and Victoria streets.
The area was reopened to traffic just before 5 p.m. Saturday.
Police continue to investigate.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated