ABILENE, Texas - Mark Karazuas, 36, has been identified as the man killed Saturday afternoon after he was hit by a train in South Abilene.
Abilene police say the conductor of the Union Pacific train was traveling west and saw the man lying on the tracks above the Pine Street overpass.
The conductor tried but was unable to stop the train.
The train finally came to a stop at South 1st and Victoria streets.
The area was reopened to traffic just before 5 p.m. Saturday.
Police continue to investigate.
- Updated San Angelo city councilman asked to resign over racial Facebook comments
- Abilene police make urgent request for help finding missing elderly woman
- Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- Updated Missing Texas dad of 3 is found in Ohio, met someone online
- Rescue network brings adoptable dogs from Texas to Minnesota
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field
- Brownwood man sentenced to 25 years for role in prison gang drug ring