ABILENE, Texas - Mark Karazuas, 36, has been identified as the man killed Saturday afternoon after he was hit by a train in South Abilene.
Abilene police say the conductor of the Union Pacific train was traveling west and saw the man lying on the tracks above the Pine Street overpass.
The conductor tried but was unable to stop the train.
The train finally came to a stop at South 1st and Victoria streets.
The area was reopened to traffic just before 5 p.m. Saturday.
Police continue to investigate.
- Obama shortens more than 100 prison sentences
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Texan who faked being decorated Navy SEAL gets prison
- New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- KTXS Forecast: Thundershower chances persist into the weekend
Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- McMurry University kicks off school year with convocation
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident