ABILENE, Texas - Mark Karazuas, 36, has been identified as the man killed Saturday afternoon after he was hit by a train in South Abilene.
Abilene police say the conductor of the Union Pacific train was traveling west and saw the man lying on the tracks above the Pine Street overpass.
The conductor tried but was unable to stop the train.
The train finally came to a stop at South 1st and Victoria streets.
The area was reopened to traffic just before 5 p.m. Saturday.
Police continue to investigate.
- Updated Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Updated Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Updated Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Updated Abilene allergist gives tips for dealing with fall allergies
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend