ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police said an empty gas tanker was traveling on the frontage road in front of Lowes when the driver lost control, drove across the I-20 west lane, struck a van, and ended up in the median.
The van, with two people inside, was pinned under the tanker.
Robert Keller, the driver of the van, is in critical condition at Hendrick Medical Center. Keller is an Abilene-based Marine recruiter.
The truck driver was not injured.
- Updated Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Severe weather possible tonight, sunshine back tomorrow
- Updated Texas high school transgender wrestler wins regional title
- Updated Man arrested for slaying of Caldwell County woman
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide