ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police said an empty gas tanker was traveling on the frontage road in front of Lowes when the driver lost control, drove across the I-20 west lane, struck a van, and ended up in the median.
The van, with two people inside, was pinned under the tanker.
Robert Keller, the driver of the van, is in critical condition at Hendrick Medical Center. Keller is an Abilene-based Marine recruiter.
The truck driver was not injured.
- August 2016 ties August 1914 as wettest in Texas
- City of Abilene receives 2,000+ complaints or comments about water bills
- Updated Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Shuttle bus rear-ended at Boston airport, killing 2 Texans
- Agency shakeup: 4 regional CPS directors fired, including director of Abilene region
- Paint Creek reacts to Perry's Dancing with the Stars casting
- Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested