ABILENE, Texas - It's been nearly two weeks since an Abilene man and Hardin-Simmons University graduate went missing. On Monday, College Station police say John "Brendan" Boyd's 2007 Mustang was found in Laredo.
Family and friends say the 24-year-old Boyd was working and living in the College Station area but sent a text message to friends saying he was heading home to Abilene for the holidays. That was Christmas day. He never made it back.
KTXS spoke to one of Boyd's close friends, Levi Justice, who has been fervently searching for him along with his family.
"This is just not like him," Justice said. "He would have especially told his parents (where he was going). He is very strong, God-fearing, loyal. He's everything that a good person is. He's not the kind of person to leave you stranded. He'd give you the shirt off his back and do anything in the world for you. It's been tragic. Everybody's worried about him and wants to find out where he is."
Justice said he would like people to continue to share Boyd's picture and story on social media to spread awareness.
Boyd was driving a charcoal grey 2007 Mustang, license plate number BCB3466.
If you have any information about the whereabouts of Brendan Boyd, call Abilene or College Station police departments.
- Updated San Angelo city councilman resigns after racial comments about police
- Updated 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Former Sweetwater teacher indicted on 3 child sex charges
- Updated Truck rams crowd during Mardi Gras parade; many injured
- Updated Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash