ABILENE, Texas - Shawna Alyse Welch, 23, was driving a Mitsubishi Outlander with two children in the back seat., according to the Abilene Police Dept.
Police said, the Mitsubishi Outlander was headed north on S. Treadaway and attempted a left turn on Butternut St. and then struck a black Honda motorcycle Saturday night.
The driver of the motorcycle, Clayton Dowlin Johnson, 18, of Abilene died from his injuries. The motorcycle passenger Chelssi Franklin, 23, of Abilene is in critical condition. Franklin was treated for multiple injuries and later underwent surgery for a leg fracture, according to police.
Blood samples were taken from Welch and Johnson, which is a standard procedure in fatal accidents. The Abilene Police Dept. Traffic Division continues to investigate the crash.
There were no witnesses to the crash.
The family of Clayton Dowlin Johnson requested the services of Abilene Funeral Home, 3349 N. 12th Street.
Funeral arrangements are pending at this time.
- Retired Texas teachers' health care premiums projected to double
- Updated Abilene mayor says city playing 'catch up' on roads
- Updated Teen flown to Abilene hospital after Sweetwater rollover crash
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Warm, quiet conditions to finish the week
- Updated Abilene man arrested for sexually assaulting woman who refused sex
- Abilene ISD bus barn ransacked during break-in
- Dyess Big Country AirFest to arrive at Abilene Regional Airport
- Abilene man arrested for sexually assaulting woman who refused sex
- Jury finds Abilene mother guilty of intentionally starving baby
- Country stars headed to Abilene for Outlaws and Legends music festival
- Event to fight hunger in Brown County offering soup, bowls
- Brown County Christian school gets anonymous donation to pay for safety signs
- Brownwood joins several Big Country cities in suspending hikes to energy rates
- Hendrick Surgery Center in Brownwood set to open in May
- Brown County DA getting new software to increase transparency