ABILENE, Texas - Shawna Alyse Welch, 23, was driving a Mitsubishi Outlander with two children in the back seat., according to the Abilene Police Dept.
Police said, the Mitsubishi Outlander was headed north on S. Treadaway and attempted a left turn on Butternut St. and then struck a black Honda motorcycle Saturday night.
The driver of the motorcycle, Clayton Dowlin Johnson, 18, of Abilene died from his injuries. The motorcycle passenger Chelssi Franklin, 23, of Abilene is in critical condition. Franklin was treated for multiple injuries and later underwent surgery for a leg fracture, according to police.
Blood samples were taken from Welch and Johnson, which is a standard procedure in fatal accidents. The Abilene Police Dept. Traffic Division continues to investigate the crash.
There were no witnesses to the crash.
The family of Clayton Dowlin Johnson requested the services of Abilene Funeral Home, 3349 N. 12th Street.
Funeral arrangements are pending at this time.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide