ABILENE, Texas - Shawna Alyse Welch, 23, was driving a Mitsubishi Outlander with two children in the back seat., according to the Abilene Police Dept.
Police said, the Mitsubishi Outlander was headed north on S. Treadaway and attempted a left turn on Butternut St. and then struck a black Honda motorcycle Saturday night.
The driver of the motorcycle, Clayton Dowlin Johnson, 18, of Abilene died from his injuries. The motorcycle passenger Chelssi Franklin, 23, of Abilene is in critical condition. Franklin was treated for multiple injuries and later underwent surgery for a leg fracture, according to police.
Blood samples were taken from Welch and Johnson, which is a standard procedure in fatal accidents. The Abilene Police Dept. Traffic Division continues to investigate the crash.
There were no witnesses to the crash.
The family of Clayton Dowlin Johnson requested the services of Abilene Funeral Home, 3349 N. 12th Street.
Funeral arrangements are pending at this time.
- Updated Police save Texas robbery suspect from burning car after chase
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Hot and sunny weekend ahead
- Updated 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Updated Building partially collapses in Hamlin
- Updated Texan fatally shot girlfriend, her friend, his son, 3, self