ABILENE, Texas - UPDATE: Police say 20-year-old Rion Zachary Walker is the man who died after being struck by a train in Abilene.
Walker was struck and killed by a freight train passing through Abilene late Tuesday afternoon.
The accident happened about 5:40 p.m.
Authorities say the man was apparently walking on the railroad tracks when he was struck near North 1st and Beech St.
Police withheld the identity of the man until the next of kin in Yukon, Oklahoma were told of the accident.
The train blocked crossings in the downtown area between Victoria Street to near Frontier Texas.
- Updated Police: Suspect in shooting near Texas strip mall is dead, 9 wounded
- Updated Jury selection begins today for brutal late 2014 Abilene murder
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend
- New color spreading through downtown Abilene
- Golfing great Arnold Palmer dead at 87