ABILENE, Texas - Update: The City of Abilene said the intersection of Treadaway and Ambler will operate as a four way stop till at least late Friday after a milk truck crashed into a signal pole.
Original Story: A Gandy's milk truck crashed shortly before 4 a.m. Thursday at the intersection of Treadaway and Ambler.
Abilene Police said another motorist ran a red light and the milk truck swerved to avoid hitting them. The truck then flipped and hit a traffic pole.
No injuries were reported.
Milk cartons could be seen broken and leaking on the street after the crash.
As of Thursday morning, police said it was too early to determine if rain was a factor in the crash.
Police are still investigating.
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- San Angelo woman dies in three-vehicle collision near Ballinger
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer