ABILENE, Texas - UDPATED STORY: The Texas Department of Public Safety has identified 24-year-old Christopher Crane, of Tuscola, as the victim killed in a two car wreck on FM-89 Friday evening.
Crane was pronounced dead around 7:30 pm Friday.
Crane was headed northbound on FM-89 in a Ford Focus, when he drifted into the southbound lane, running into a Chevy Tahoe.
Crane spun counter-clockwise until his car came to a rest on the east shoulder on FM-89.
The driver of the other vehicle, 58-year-old Kevin Smith, of Abilene, tried to dodge Crane, causing Smith's car to flip on its side on the west side of FM-89.
Smith and his passenger were treated at Hendrick Medical Center but were later released.
ORIGINAL STORY: A two-vehicle accident at FM 89 near 707 killed one man, and sent two others to the hospital.
State troopers and Taylor County Sheriff's deputies were called out to the collision about 6:10 Friday evening. Troopers said a red SUV was traveling north and drifted into the oncoming lane, hitting a Chevy Tahoe head-on.
Authorities tell KTXS two people were transported to Hendrick Medical Center. Their conditions are unknown, but officers believe they did not suffer from life-threatening injuries.
The man that died has not been identified, and is pending notification of family.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated