ABILENE, Texas - UDPATED STORY: The Texas Department of Public Safety has identified 24-year-old Christopher Crane, of Tuscola, as the victim killed in a two car wreck on FM-89 Friday evening.
Crane was pronounced dead around 7:30 pm Friday.
Crane was headed northbound on FM-89 in a Ford Focus, when he drifted into the southbound lane, running into a Chevy Tahoe.
Crane spun counter-clockwise until his car came to a rest on the east shoulder on FM-89.
The driver of the other vehicle, 58-year-old Kevin Smith, of Abilene, tried to dodge Crane, causing Smith's car to flip on its side on the west side of FM-89.
Smith and his passenger were treated at Hendrick Medical Center but were later released.
ORIGINAL STORY: A two-vehicle accident at FM 89 near 707 killed one man, and sent two others to the hospital.
State troopers and Taylor County Sheriff's deputies were called out to the collision about 6:10 Friday evening. Troopers said a red SUV was traveling north and drifted into the oncoming lane, hitting a Chevy Tahoe head-on.
Authorities tell KTXS two people were transported to Hendrick Medical Center. Their conditions are unknown, but officers believe they did not suffer from life-threatening injuries.
The man that died has not been identified, and is pending notification of family.
- Updated Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- San Angelo city councilman asked to resign over racial Facebook comments
- Updated Storms result in phone problems at Brownwood Police Department
- Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- Updated Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- 140-year-old hardware store to stay open under new ownership
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field