ABILENE, Texas - The victim who suffered from smoke inhalation in a Friday night fire has been arrested for arson.
Jocelyn Davis, 35, is currently in the Taylor County Jail for first degree arson.
Her bond is set at $35,000.
A fire Friday night in an Abilene apartment sent one woman to the hospital.
The fire was in an apartment at the Vogel Apartments in the 2200 block of Vogel Avenue.
The call about the fire came in about 6:35 p.m. When firefighters got to the scene they noticed smoke showing and were told no one was in the apartment. As a precaution they always check.
They found a woman inside and got her out but she was suffering from smoke inhalation.
The woman had to be resuscitated and then was taken by ambulance to Hendrick Medical Center.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Updated Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Drier and warmer weather for most to finish the work week