ABILENE, Texas - The victim who suffered from smoke inhalation in a Friday night fire has been arrested for arson.
Jocelyn Davis, 35, is currently in the Taylor County Jail for first degree arson.
Her bond is set at $35,000.
A fire Friday night in an Abilene apartment sent one woman to the hospital.
The fire was in an apartment at the Vogel Apartments in the 2200 block of Vogel Avenue.
The call about the fire came in about 6:35 p.m. When firefighters got to the scene they noticed smoke showing and were told no one was in the apartment. As a precaution they always check.
They found a woman inside and got her out but she was suffering from smoke inhalation.
The woman had to be resuscitated and then was taken by ambulance to Hendrick Medical Center.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Updated Abilene councilman on water bill complaints: Meters are being read
- Updated Foreign national leads high-speed chase, fires shots through Big Country
- Updated City of Abilene receives 2,000+ complaints or comments about water bills
- Updated Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Updated August 2016 ties August 1914 as wettest in Texas
- Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Paint Creek reacts to Perry's Dancing with the Stars casting
- Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season