ABILENE, Texas - The victim who suffered from smoke inhalation in a Friday night fire has been arrested for arson.
Jocelyn Davis, 35, is currently in the Taylor County Jail for first degree arson.
Her bond is set at $35,000.
A fire Friday night in an Abilene apartment sent one woman to the hospital.
The fire was in an apartment at the Vogel Apartments in the 2200 block of Vogel Avenue.
The call about the fire came in about 6:35 p.m. When firefighters got to the scene they noticed smoke showing and were told no one was in the apartment. As a precaution they always check.
They found a woman inside and got her out but she was suffering from smoke inhalation.
The woman had to be resuscitated and then was taken by ambulance to Hendrick Medical Center.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Updated San Angelo city councilman resigns after racial comments about police
- Updated 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Former Sweetwater teacher indicted on 3 child sex charges
- Updated Truck rams crowd during Mardi Gras parade; many injured
- Updated Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash