ABILENE, Texas - The victim who suffered from smoke inhalation in a Friday night fire has been arrested for arson.
Jocelyn Davis, 35, is currently in the Taylor County Jail for first degree arson.
Her bond is set at $35,000.
A fire Friday night in an Abilene apartment sent one woman to the hospital.
The fire was in an apartment at the Vogel Apartments in the 2200 block of Vogel Avenue.
The call about the fire came in about 6:35 p.m. When firefighters got to the scene they noticed smoke showing and were told no one was in the apartment. As a precaution they always check.
They found a woman inside and got her out but she was suffering from smoke inhalation.
The woman had to be resuscitated and then was taken by ambulance to Hendrick Medical Center.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated