ABILENE, Texas - A 38-year-old employee at Smith Pipe of Abilene was killed Monday when a tanker slid off of a trailer and landed on him, according to the Taylor County Sheriff's Office.
Thomas Blain Stewart was pronounced dead at the scene by Justice of the Peace Ronnie Doan at 8:06 p.m.
The accident occurred at about 6:41 p.m. behind the office at Smith Pipe – a petroleum industry supply company – in the Caps community.
Originally from Smithville, Stewart resided in the Buffalo Gap area at the time of his death.
- Updated Teacher fired in West Texas after Internet post hired by another district
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Updated Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon