ABILENE, Texas - A 38-year-old employee at Smith Pipe of Abilene was killed Monday when a tanker slid off of a trailer and landed on him, according to the Taylor County Sheriff's Office.
Thomas Blain Stewart was pronounced dead at the scene by Justice of the Peace Ronnie Doan at 8:06 p.m.
The accident occurred at about 6:41 p.m. behind the office at Smith Pipe – a petroleum industry supply company – in the Caps community.
Originally from Smithville, Stewart resided in the Buffalo Gap area at the time of his death.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Police arrest San Angelo city employee after theft investigation
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- Texas ag chief OKs use of poison to bring a 'hog apocalypse'