ABILENE, Texas - A 38-year-old employee at Smith Pipe of Abilene was killed Monday when a tanker slid off of a trailer and landed on him, according to the Taylor County Sheriff's Office.
Thomas Blain Stewart was pronounced dead at the scene by Justice of the Peace Ronnie Doan at 8:06 p.m.
The accident occurred at about 6:41 p.m. behind the office at Smith Pipe – a petroleum industry supply company – in the Caps community.
Originally from Smithville, Stewart resided in the Buffalo Gap area at the time of his death.
- Updated Video shows man using stolen credit card at Abilene store
- Updated Circus acrobats tie the knot on tightrope during Texas show
- Updated Judge: Reagan shooter can leave hospital to live in Virginia
- Updated Abilene mother fears daughter, 12, victim of human trafficking
- Updated Suspect sought in death of Texas journalist, investor