ABILENE, Texas - A vacant Abilene home caught fire for the third time in just two months Saturday.
The house was already engulfed in smoke and flames by the time firefighters arrived at the home on the 2000 block of Sandefer Street just after midnight. Because the blaze was so strong, firefighters had to work to protect surrounding properties before trying to fight it.
The fire was eventually put out, with firefighters working through the night to extinguish all hot spots.
According to Abilene Fire Department Lt. Greg Goettsch, the home has been vacant and without utility services for an extended period of time.
Firefighters are investigating the cause of the fire.
No injuries were reported; however, the home is a total loss.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Police arrest San Angelo city employee after theft investigation
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills