A driver had a close call late Monday afternoon while driving on Highway 80 in the west part of Abilene.
The driver told authorities he had a blow out, lost control of his Chevy Suburban, and drove into the ditch...knocking down a power poll.
That caused the power lines to fall on top of his car setting it and the grass around it on fire.
The 32-year-old man was not injured and firefighters got the fire out before it burned too much area.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account