ABILENE, Texas - The waiting lists are already long at businesses across Abilene as folks try and clean up after Thursday night's massive hailstorm.
Hundreds of people have called car rental places like Enterprise on South Clack to try and get a car to drive.
KTXS received widespread reports of vehicles with windows broken out after they were hit by hail Thursday. Our crew went out to talk to folks waiting in line at Enterprise. One man hoping to rent a vehicle said he was No. 17 out of about 200 people waiting to rent a car.
The story is similar as homeowners try and get broken windows repaired. We talked with Tim Nelson at Abilene Glass and Mirror who said he had received 15 calls for service by 8 a.m.
- Updated Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Updated Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Updated Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Updated Abilene allergist gives tips for dealing with fall allergies
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend