ABILENE, Texas - The waiting lists are already long at businesses across Abilene as folks try and clean up after Thursday night's massive hailstorm.
Hundreds of people have called car rental places like Enterprise on South Clack to try and get a car to drive.
KTXS received widespread reports of vehicles with windows broken out after they were hit by hail Thursday. Our crew went out to talk to folks waiting in line at Enterprise. One man hoping to rent a vehicle said he was No. 17 out of about 200 people waiting to rent a car.
The story is similar as homeowners try and get broken windows repaired. We talked with Tim Nelson at Abilene Glass and Mirror who said he had received 15 calls for service by 8 a.m.
- Updated Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Updated Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Updated Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- Updated New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen