ABILENE, Texas - The waiting lists are already long at businesses across Abilene as folks try and clean up after Thursday night's massive hailstorm.
Hundreds of people have called car rental places like Enterprise on South Clack to try and get a car to drive.
KTXS received widespread reports of vehicles with windows broken out after they were hit by hail Thursday. Our crew went out to talk to folks waiting in line at Enterprise. One man hoping to rent a vehicle said he was No. 17 out of about 200 people waiting to rent a car.
The story is similar as homeowners try and get broken windows repaired. We talked with Tim Nelson at Abilene Glass and Mirror who said he had received 15 calls for service by 8 a.m.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer