ABILENE, Texas - The Great Texas Warrant Roundup wrapped up Sunday, resulting in more than a hundred arrests.
$231,604 in overdue fines was collected.
414 warrants have been cleared since the city began issuing notices on February 25th.
167 residents were arrested for unpaid fines during the roundup period.
The Municipal Court said there are about 7,000 residents on the warrant list at any given time, but that number dips each year right after the roundup.
Abilene spokeswoman Calli Harris said the numbers were "comparable" to last year's roundup.
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend