ABILENE, Texas - Bad news for people in Abilene hoping to see the popular movie "Gravity" .. due to a water main break, Century 12 theatre on John Knox Dr. was forced to close on Sunday.
Would-be movie goers arrived to find a wet empty parking lot, a closed box office, and theatre staff explaining the situation.
A staff worker told KTXS news, that the damage inside the theatre mainly consisted of wet carpet.
It is unclear, but it appears that neighboring businesses including Burger King and Target were not affected by the water main break and were open as usual.
Just before noon, a city of Abilene maintenance truck could be seen surveying the situation from the theatre's parking lot.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated