ABILENE, Texas - Bad news for people in Abilene hoping to see the popular movie "Gravity" .. due to a water main break, Century 12 theatre on John Knox Dr. was forced to close on Sunday.
Would-be movie goers arrived to find a wet empty parking lot, a closed box office, and theatre staff explaining the situation.
A staff worker told KTXS news, that the damage inside the theatre mainly consisted of wet carpet.
It is unclear, but it appears that neighboring businesses including Burger King and Target were not affected by the water main break and were open as usual.
Just before noon, a city of Abilene maintenance truck could be seen surveying the situation from the theatre's parking lot.
- Updated Convicted man on Texas Most Wanted sex offender list caught
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase