ABILENE, Texas - Bad news for people in Abilene hoping to see the popular movie "Gravity" .. due to a water main break, Century 12 theatre on John Knox Dr. was forced to close on Sunday.
Would-be movie goers arrived to find a wet empty parking lot, a closed box office, and theatre staff explaining the situation.
A staff worker told KTXS news, that the damage inside the theatre mainly consisted of wet carpet.
It is unclear, but it appears that neighboring businesses including Burger King and Target were not affected by the water main break and were open as usual.
Just before noon, a city of Abilene maintenance truck could be seen surveying the situation from the theatre's parking lot.
- Updated 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Updated Abilene council members approve controversial rezoning ordinance
- Updated Brownwood business selling T-shirts to support law enforcement
- Updated Hillary Clinton: 'The sky's the limit'
- Updated Hundreds in Abilene run 5K race to support law enforcement