ABILENE, Texas - Bad news for people in Abilene hoping to see the popular movie "Gravity" .. due to a water main break, Century 12 theatre on John Knox Dr. was forced to close on Sunday.
Would-be movie goers arrived to find a wet empty parking lot, a closed box office, and theatre staff explaining the situation.
A staff worker told KTXS news, that the damage inside the theatre mainly consisted of wet carpet.
It is unclear, but it appears that neighboring businesses including Burger King and Target were not affected by the water main break and were open as usual.
Just before noon, a city of Abilene maintenance truck could be seen surveying the situation from the theatre's parking lot.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking