ABILENE, Texas - Illness tends to run rampant during the cooler months but with a few simple steps, you can make this season a healthy one.
Multivitamins like Vitamin C, Zinc, and Echinacea all help to strengthen your immune system.
A diet rich in vegetables and fruits can help you fight off diseases as well.
Dr. Craig Beasley of Dr. J Express Care said there's something even better for your health this season.
"Probably the best thing to do to boost your immune system is just to do what your mother taught you and that is get plenty of rest and good nutrition and to not burn the candle at both ends," Beasley said.
While it might seem like a monumental task with the holidays around the corner, take time for yourself and try to keep stress at bay.
And something even harder for the cooler months: exercise.
It may be much harder to find the motivation but exercise will help you defend yourself against illnesses.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated