ABILENE, Texas - Illness tends to run rampant during the cooler months but with a few simple steps, you can make this season a healthy one.
Multivitamins like Vitamin C, Zinc, and Echinacea all help to strengthen your immune system.
A diet rich in vegetables and fruits can help you fight off diseases as well.
Dr. Craig Beasley of Dr. J Express Care said there's something even better for your health this season.
"Probably the best thing to do to boost your immune system is just to do what your mother taught you and that is get plenty of rest and good nutrition and to not burn the candle at both ends," Beasley said.
While it might seem like a monumental task with the holidays around the corner, take time for yourself and try to keep stress at bay.
And something even harder for the cooler months: exercise.
It may be much harder to find the motivation but exercise will help you defend yourself against illnesses.
- Updated Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Updated Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen