ABILENE, Texas - A meeting will be held Wednesday before the Taylor County judge to decide whether a liquor store can open in a south Abilene neighborhood.
Jim Cockfield and Chris May want to open the Filo Liquor Store at 4301 Rio Mesa Drive.
Some nearby residents have filed a protest hoping to stop the store from opening in their neighborhood.
Taylor County Judge Downing Bolls will hear from both sides in the issue at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday in the Commissioners Courtroom in the Taylor County Courthouse.
This will be an open meeting. The public may attend, but only those named in the case can speak.
KTXS will be there and report on the meeting on KTXS News Wednesday night.
- Abilenians sought for curbside recycling program, deadline Monday
- Tax rate increase approved by Abilene City Council in first reading
- Updated 'Emergency contract' awarded to build new bridge on Hwy 6 at Lake Cisco
- Texas detective fired for mishandling child abuse cases
- American Airlines plane lands safely despite engine flames