ABILENE, Texas - A meeting will be held Wednesday before the Taylor County judge to decide whether a liquor store can open in a south Abilene neighborhood.
Jim Cockfield and Chris May want to open the Filo Liquor Store at 4301 Rio Mesa Drive.
Some nearby residents have filed a protest hoping to stop the store from opening in their neighborhood.
Taylor County Judge Downing Bolls will hear from both sides in the issue at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday in the Commissioners Courtroom in the Taylor County Courthouse.
This will be an open meeting. The public may attend, but only those named in the case can speak.
KTXS will be there and report on the meeting on KTXS News Wednesday night.
- Updated Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Severe weather possible tonight, sunshine back tomorrow
- Updated Texas high school transgender wrestler wins regional title
- Updated Man arrested for slaying of Caldwell County woman
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide