ABILENE, Texas - A meeting will be held Wednesday before the Taylor County judge to decide whether a liquor store can open in a south Abilene neighborhood.
Jim Cockfield and Chris May want to open the Filo Liquor Store at 4301 Rio Mesa Drive.
Some nearby residents have filed a protest hoping to stop the store from opening in their neighborhood.
Taylor County Judge Downing Bolls will hear from both sides in the issue at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday in the Commissioners Courtroom in the Taylor County Courthouse.
This will be an open meeting. The public may attend, but only those named in the case can speak.
KTXS will be there and report on the meeting on KTXS News Wednesday night.
- Abilene firefighters attack early morning fire
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Big Country man recognized with award for act of heroism
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- DPS identifies 2 arrested after high-speed chase on I-20
- Jury sentences Ranger man to 99 years in prison for mid-2016 murder
- Man jailed in Callahan County after chase, stolen truck crashes into DPS unit