ABILENE, Texas - About 200 West Texas animals are looking for good homes this weekend.
Salvation Adoption, the largest West Texas pet adoption event, began Friday afternoon at PetSmart on Catclaw Drive in Abilene.
According to Rescue the Animals, SPCA, about 200 dogs, cats, donkeys and horses are up for adoption and hail from shelters and rescue groups across West Texas. Area shelters are full.
Donkeys and horses are available at the Abilene Animal Shelter at 925 S. 25th St. Those interested in adopting can call (325) 698-0085 to view them.
The animals will be available for adoption at PetSmart from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and 12 to 6 p.m. Sunday. Pets can get shots and microchips from 1 to 4 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Microchips cost $5 and shots cost $19.99.
- Hillary Clinton's challenge: Igniting excitement
- Updated Building partially collapses in Hamlin
- Updated 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Updated Abilenians sought for curbside recycling program, deadline Monday
- Updated Texas sales tax holiday set for first weekend of August