ABILENE, Texas - About 200 West Texas animals are looking for good homes this weekend.
Salvation Adoption, the largest West Texas pet adoption event, began Friday afternoon at PetSmart on Catclaw Drive in Abilene.
According to Rescue the Animals, SPCA, about 200 dogs, cats, donkeys and horses are up for adoption and hail from shelters and rescue groups across West Texas. Area shelters are full.
Donkeys and horses are available at the Abilene Animal Shelter at 925 S. 25th St. Those interested in adopting can call (325) 698-0085 to view them.
The animals will be available for adoption at PetSmart from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and 12 to 6 p.m. Sunday. Pets can get shots and microchips from 1 to 4 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Microchips cost $5 and shots cost $19.99.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated
- Walter murder trial: 'Formality' in sentencing to call Abilene couple back to court Thursday