ABILENE, Texas - About 200 West Texas animals are looking for good homes this weekend.
Salvation Adoption, the largest West Texas pet adoption event, began Friday afternoon at PetSmart on Catclaw Drive in Abilene.
According to Rescue the Animals, SPCA, about 200 dogs, cats, donkeys and horses are up for adoption and hail from shelters and rescue groups across West Texas. Area shelters are full.
Donkeys and horses are available at the Abilene Animal Shelter at 925 S. 25th St. Those interested in adopting can call (325) 698-0085 to view them.
The animals will be available for adoption at PetSmart from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and 12 to 6 p.m. Sunday. Pets can get shots and microchips from 1 to 4 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Microchips cost $5 and shots cost $19.99.
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated DPS identifies man killed in Hwy 84 crash near Santa Anna, Coleman
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017