ABILENE, Texas - Folks out in the western part of the Big Country are seeing another big increase in the amount of money generated from sales tax compared to last December.
Numbers from the state comptroller's office show Snyder topping the list with a 17 percent increase in sales tax revenue received this month.
Sweetwater is seeing an increase of 8.4 percent.
Brownwood is also benefiting from an increase; 5.6 percent.
Meanwhile, Abilene's sales tax revenue is down by about 1 percent.
The money received this month comes from sales tax collected during the month of October.
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash