ABILENE, Texas - It's time for the 29th annual Western Heritage Classic on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Held on the grounds of the Taylor County Expo Center in Abilene, the three-day weekend event's showcase is the ranch rodeo, though it offers many activities that feature western interests as well as history.
Thursday night is the parade kickoff at 6:30 p.m., followed by a street dance later that night. KTXS will re-air the parade at 6:30 p.m. Friday after KTXS News at 6.
Some of the activities to enjoy this weekend include: the world's largest bit and spur show, a chuckwagon cookoff, matched horse races, children's rodeo, cowboy poets and western artisans, ranch horse clinics, trade shows, and a giant western parade.
Click here for a full schedule of events.
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles welcomed home to Texas