Wet, rainy weather caused three accidents on Interstate 20 early Sunday afternoon between Merkel and Abilene.
The first crash happened after an SUV slowed down and the driver traveling behind the SUV wasn't be able to react quickly enough and ran into the SUV, causing it to flip over.
There were four passengers in the SUV who were admitted into the hospital with minor injuries.
Two more accidents also occurred after traffic came to a sudden halt. Two other drivers weren't able to slow down quickly enough because of slick roads.
- Rival schools lend football gear to Oklahoma team after fire
- Police: Man charged in Texas mosque threat later apologized
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase
- New schools open in Texas town in 2013 fertilizer blast
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest