Wet, rainy weather caused three accidents on Interstate 20 early Sunday afternoon between Merkel and Abilene.
The first crash happened after an SUV slowed down and the driver traveling behind the SUV wasn't be able to react quickly enough and ran into the SUV, causing it to flip over.
There were four passengers in the SUV who were admitted into the hospital with minor injuries.
Two more accidents also occurred after traffic came to a sudden halt. Two other drivers weren't able to slow down quickly enough because of slick roads.
- Updated Convicted man on Texas Most Wanted sex offender list caught
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Associated Press releases it's Texas high school football rankings for Week 1
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase