Wet, rainy weather caused three accidents on Interstate 20 early Sunday afternoon between Merkel and Abilene.
The first crash happened after an SUV slowed down and the driver traveling behind the SUV wasn't be able to react quickly enough and ran into the SUV, causing it to flip over.
There were four passengers in the SUV who were admitted into the hospital with minor injuries.
Two more accidents also occurred after traffic came to a sudden halt. Two other drivers weren't able to slow down quickly enough because of slick roads.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide