Wet, rainy weather caused three accidents on Interstate 20 early Sunday afternoon between Merkel and Abilene.
The first crash happened after an SUV slowed down and the driver traveling behind the SUV wasn't be able to react quickly enough and ran into the SUV, causing it to flip over.
There were four passengers in the SUV who were admitted into the hospital with minor injuries.
Two more accidents also occurred after traffic came to a sudden halt. Two other drivers weren't able to slow down quickly enough because of slick roads.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth