ABILENE, Texas - Tuesday was Whataburger's 64th year anniversary, and the fast-food restaurant is gaining state recognition.
The Texas Secretary of State's Office authorized the trademark for the name Whataburger. Then, in 1950, Whataburger opened its doors for this first time in Corpus Christi.
For more than 50 years, Whataburger has served their beloved "Whataburger" – and owner Harmon Dobson named it just that hoping every time a customer took a bite out of one of his burgers he would hear them say, "What a burger!"
Secretary of State Nandita Berry called Whataburger CEO Preston Atkinson and Whataburger Chairman of the Board Tom Dobson to congratulate them on their growing success.
Today, Whataburger's headquarters can be found in San Antonio, where they oversee the operations of over 750 locations in 10 states with sales of more than $1 billion annually.
- Brownwood teen accused of killing daughter waives right to jury trial
- Brownwood mayor's State of the City focuses on finances, future projects
- Court finds Brownwood murder suspect competent to stand trial
- Brown County Christian academy wants nearby speed limit reduced
- Brownwood professor talks new pipeline regulations