ABILENE, Texas - Tuesday was Whataburger's 64th year anniversary, and the fast-food restaurant is gaining state recognition.
The Texas Secretary of State's Office authorized the trademark for the name Whataburger. Then, in 1950, Whataburger opened its doors for this first time in Corpus Christi.
For more than 50 years, Whataburger has served their beloved "Whataburger" – and owner Harmon Dobson named it just that hoping every time a customer took a bite out of one of his burgers he would hear them say, "What a burger!"
Secretary of State Nandita Berry called Whataburger CEO Preston Atkinson and Whataburger Chairman of the Board Tom Dobson to congratulate them on their growing success.
Today, Whataburger's headquarters can be found in San Antonio, where they oversee the operations of over 750 locations in 10 states with sales of more than $1 billion annually.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- Brookesmith school board selects interim superintendent
- Victim testifies against former chief in Anson sexual assault trial
- Clyde Intermediate School teachers save student from choking