ABILENE, Texas - Freezing rain, sleet and snow created a mess for travelers on Sunday.
Cars were sliding off of highways and Interstate 20 throughout the day.
At Abilene Regional Airport, crews pretreated the runways on Saturday night.
KTXS spoke with airport manager Don Green, who said the airport was closed down early Sunday morning until late Sunday afternoon. The closure was to allow crews to clear the runways for planes.
The airport is now open, but travelers should check with American Airlines for delays or cancellations.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated