ABILENE, Texas - Freezing rain, sleet and snow created a mess for travelers on Sunday.
Cars were sliding off of highways and Interstate 20 throughout the day.
At Abilene Regional Airport, crews pretreated the runways on Saturday night.
KTXS spoke with airport manager Don Green, who said the airport was closed down early Sunday morning until late Sunday afternoon. The closure was to allow crews to clear the runways for planes.
The airport is now open, but travelers should check with American Airlines for delays or cancellations.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, making way for warmer weather and sunny skies