ABILENE, Texas - Freezing rain, sleet and snow created a mess for travelers on Sunday.
Cars were sliding off of highways and Interstate 20 throughout the day.
At Abilene Regional Airport, crews pretreated the runways on Saturday night.
KTXS spoke with airport manager Don Green, who said the airport was closed down early Sunday morning until late Sunday afternoon. The closure was to allow crews to clear the runways for planes.
The airport is now open, but travelers should check with American Airlines for delays or cancellations.
- Updated $108M later, Port of Houston gives up on cruise ships
- Updated Video shows man using stolen credit card at Abilene store
- Updated Wanted Wednesday: Man, 21, sought by Abilene police
- Updated Reagan's daughter criticizes decision to free Hinkley
- Updated Gang member on Texas 10 Most Wanted sex offender list caught