A San Angelo woman was indicted Thursday for allegedly stealing a car from a sleeping victim at an Abilene hospital.
According to police, the woman fell asleep in a Hendrick Medical Center waiting room in January. Cherry Ingram, 47, allegedly took the victim's keys and stole the victim's car.
Police said the victim's wallet was also in the car.
A Taylor County grand jury decided there is enough evidence against Ingram to indict her on a theft charge.
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash