A San Angelo woman was indicted Thursday for allegedly stealing a car from a sleeping victim at an Abilene hospital.
According to police, the woman fell asleep in a Hendrick Medical Center waiting room in January. Cherry Ingram, 47, allegedly took the victim's keys and stole the victim's car.
Police said the victim's wallet was also in the car.
A Taylor County grand jury decided there is enough evidence against Ingram to indict her on a theft charge.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated
- Walter murder trial: 'Formality' in sentencing to call Abilene couple back to court Thursday