ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police are investigating an armed robbery involving the attempted theft of beauty supplies from a south side store.
According to an incident report, an unidentified Hispanic female wearing a T-shirt and khaki pants was caught stealing beauty supplies – including makeup and nail polish – valued at $62 from the Walmart on Southwest Drive Friday afternoon.
Though the items were recovered, police said the woman exhibited a small handgun in order to flee the scene.
Anonymous tips can be reported to Crime Stoppers at (325) 676-TIPS.
- Updated 'Emergency contract' awarded to build new bridge on Hwy 6 at Lake Cisco
- Updated Texas detective fired for mishandling child abuse cases
- Updated American Airlines plane lands safely despite engine flames
- Updated Texan fatally shot girlfriend, her friend, his son, 3, self
- Updated Police: Man robs New York City bank in ball gown, heels