ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police are investigating an armed robbery involving the attempted theft of beauty supplies from a south side store.
According to an incident report, an unidentified Hispanic female wearing a T-shirt and khaki pants was caught stealing beauty supplies – including makeup and nail polish – valued at $62 from the Walmart on Southwest Drive Friday afternoon.
Though the items were recovered, police said the woman exhibited a small handgun in order to flee the scene.
Anonymous tips can be reported to Crime Stoppers at (325) 676-TIPS.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family