ABILENE, Texas - The city of Abilene is introducing a basketball league for women 18 years of age and older.
The season will kick off Monday, Jan. 7, and include eight games and an end-of-season tournament. Games will take place Monday nights at Cesar Chavez South Park Recreation Center located at 1002 Cherry St.
Entry fee is $350 per team. Registration is underway and will end Friday, Dec. 21. To register, visit the City's Community Services office at 633 Walnut St.
A mandatory meeting for team managers will be held at 6 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 3, at Cesar Chavez South Park Recreation Center, 102 Cherry St.
For more information about the Women's Basketball League, call 325-676-6442
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated