ABILENE, Texas - The city of Abilene is introducing a basketball league for women 18 years of age and older.
The season will kick off Monday, Jan. 7, and include eight games and an end-of-season tournament. Games will take place Monday nights at Cesar Chavez South Park Recreation Center located at 1002 Cherry St.
Entry fee is $350 per team. Registration is underway and will end Friday, Dec. 21. To register, visit the City's Community Services office at 633 Walnut St.
A mandatory meeting for team managers will be held at 6 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 3, at Cesar Chavez South Park Recreation Center, 102 Cherry St.
For more information about the Women's Basketball League, call 325-676-6442
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Updated Mark Rowlett: Tracking continued afternoon and evening thundershower chances