ABILENE, Texas - The city of Abilene is introducing a basketball league for women 18 years of age and older.
The season will kick off Monday, Jan. 7, and include eight games and an end-of-season tournament. Games will take place Monday nights at Cesar Chavez South Park Recreation Center located at 1002 Cherry St.
Entry fee is $350 per team. Registration is underway and will end Friday, Dec. 21. To register, visit the City's Community Services office at 633 Walnut St.
A mandatory meeting for team managers will be held at 6 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 3, at Cesar Chavez South Park Recreation Center, 102 Cherry St.
For more information about the Women's Basketball League, call 325-676-6442
- Updated Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash
- 2 Texas death row inmates lose at US Supreme Court
- KTXS Forecast: Sunshine sticking around but cooling down closer to normal later this week
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot