ABILENE, Texas - Texas Department of Transportation crews will begin work Monday to replace the four lane Rainy Creek bridge on I-20 Business (East Highway 80) east of Abilene.
According to TxDOT Public Information Officer Darah Waldrip, the new bridge will feature four wider lanes with shoulders and sidewalks. The bridge will also be built to "accommodate future improvements to the adjoining highway, such as sidewalks or widening."
Crews will work on two lanes at a time and traffic will be routed through one lane in each direction. Oversize loads will be limited to 8 feet, 6 inches.
Reece Construction Co., Inc. of Prosper, Texas was contracted to complete the $2.4 million project, which is expected to be completed by late spring 2014.
- Updated Endwell, New York, wins Little League World Series
- Updated College Station police say 2 killed in apartment gunfire
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Lingering rain chances through the week
- Updated Dallas police squelch critics, questions about sniper attack
- Updated Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire