ABILENE, Texas - Texas Department of Transportation crews will begin work Monday to replace the four lane Rainy Creek bridge on I-20 Business (East Highway 80) east of Abilene.
According to TxDOT Public Information Officer Darah Waldrip, the new bridge will feature four wider lanes with shoulders and sidewalks. The bridge will also be built to "accommodate future improvements to the adjoining highway, such as sidewalks or widening."
Crews will work on two lanes at a time and traffic will be routed through one lane in each direction. Oversize loads will be limited to 8 feet, 6 inches.
Reece Construction Co., Inc. of Prosper, Texas was contracted to complete the $2.4 million project, which is expected to be completed by late spring 2014.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated