ABILENE, Texas - Texas Department of Transportation crews will begin work Monday to replace the four lane Rainy Creek bridge on I-20 Business (East Highway 80) east of Abilene.
According to TxDOT Public Information Officer Darah Waldrip, the new bridge will feature four wider lanes with shoulders and sidewalks. The bridge will also be built to "accommodate future improvements to the adjoining highway, such as sidewalks or widening."
Crews will work on two lanes at a time and traffic will be routed through one lane in each direction. Oversize loads will be limited to 8 feet, 6 inches.
Reece Construction Co., Inc. of Prosper, Texas was contracted to complete the $2.4 million project, which is expected to be completed by late spring 2014.
- Updated Girl, 8, gets $10K scholarship to University of North Texas after video
- Updated Two-headed rat snake gets new home at Central Texas zoo
- KTXS Forecast: Perfect weather for coming weekend
- Man recants story about road rage incident near Abilene
- Wanted: Former Abilene day care teacher among 4 being sought
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget