ABILENE, Texas - Texas Department of Transportation crews will begin work Monday to replace the four lane Rainy Creek bridge on I-20 Business (East Highway 80) east of Abilene.
According to TxDOT Public Information Officer Darah Waldrip, the new bridge will feature four wider lanes with shoulders and sidewalks. The bridge will also be built to "accommodate future improvements to the adjoining highway, such as sidewalks or widening."
Crews will work on two lanes at a time and traffic will be routed through one lane in each direction. Oversize loads will be limited to 8 feet, 6 inches.
Reece Construction Co., Inc. of Prosper, Texas was contracted to complete the $2.4 million project, which is expected to be completed by late spring 2014.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking