A mid-afternoon accident Friday trapped a woman behind the wheel and backed up traffic on Clack Street.
The accident happened at 3:10 p.m. on Clack and Nonesuch Road.
Fire fighters cut off the passenger door to get to the woman inside the white car. She was taken to Hendrick Medical Center. Officials on the scene say they do not expect the injuries to be life-threatening.
Police say they don't think alcohol played a role in the accident.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot