A mid-afternoon accident Friday trapped a woman behind the wheel and backed up traffic on Clack Street.
The accident happened at 3:10 p.m. on Clack and Nonesuch Road.
Fire fighters cut off the passenger door to get to the woman inside the white car. She was taken to Hendrick Medical Center. Officials on the scene say they do not expect the injuries to be life-threatening.
Police say they don't think alcohol played a role in the accident.
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting