ABILENE, Texas - Dan Carpenter from the Wylie Baptist Church visited KTXS This Morning on Thursday to talk about the show.
The Living Christmas Tree will have four showings: Friday, Dec. 7 at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 8 at 5 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., and on Sunday, Dec. 9 at 2 p.m. Tickets are free but you must call the church at 325-692-3206 to reserve a seat.
The Living Christmas Tree has been an annual presentation since 1982.
More than 100 members of the church make up the cast, including members from the Worship Choir, Praise Team, Drama Group and Technicians.
The "living" aspect of the show comes from the tree's ability to hold the choir. Over 40 members of the choir can stand in and sing from the tree structure. The show includes both sacred and secular music.
The tree is nearly 30 feet tall and has over 40,000 lights. The lights are computerized and coordinate with the music.
- Local church hosts car show to help victims of Hurricane Harvey
- DACA advocates march in front of Abilene City Hall
- Local officers collected tips at Red Robin for Special Olympics Texas
- Busch Jewelers in Abilene going out of business after 73 years
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Wanted: 10 fugitives sought by Abilene police
- Former HPU nursing school dean responds to students' lawsuits
- Brownwood man sentenced to 20 years in connection with 8-year-old boy's death
- Samuel Juarez Jr. guilty of manslaughter in death of Brownwood boy
- Ft. Hood soldier who led Brown County deputies on chase turns himself in
- Day 1 wraps for murder trial of Brownwood hit-and-run suspect
- Murder trial begins Tuesday for Brownwood hit-and-run suspect
- Anson man indicted for indecency with a child
- 2 arrested for allegedly distributing meth across 3 counties
- Hawley residents blame road conditions on FM 3326 for fatal crash
- Austin couple arrested in Winters for 234 pounds of marijuana
- Snyder man arrested for indecency with child
- Woodson ISD launches investigation into superintendent's sudden resignation