ABILENE, Texas - Monday night, the Wylie School Board met and voted unanimously to approve requesting a class size waiver from the Texas Education Agency.
Superintendent Joey Light says this is the second year WISD has applied for the waiver that will allow the district to exceed the 22-1 student/teacher ratio in the fourth grade. Light says they have 12 classes of fourth graders who will likely have a 23 - 1 and 24-1 student/teacher ratio.
- Updated Convicted man on Texas Most Wanted sex offender list caught
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase