ABILENE, Texas - Monday night, the Wylie School Board met and voted unanimously to approve requesting a class size waiver from the Texas Education Agency.
Superintendent Joey Light says this is the second year WISD has applied for the waiver that will allow the district to exceed the 22-1 student/teacher ratio in the fourth grade. Light says they have 12 classes of fourth graders who will likely have a 23 - 1 and 24-1 student/teacher ratio.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- Brookesmith school board selects interim superintendent
- Victim testifies against former chief in Anson sexual assault trial
- Clyde Intermediate School teachers save student from choking