ABILENE, Texas - Monday night, the Wylie School Board met and voted unanimously to approve requesting a class size waiver from the Texas Education Agency.
Superintendent Joey Light says this is the second year WISD has applied for the waiver that will allow the district to exceed the 22-1 student/teacher ratio in the fourth grade. Light says they have 12 classes of fourth graders who will likely have a 23 - 1 and 24-1 student/teacher ratio.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account