ABILENE, Texas - Wylie Independent School District trustees voted Monday night to extend the contract of Superintendent Joey Light.
Light's contract was set to expires June 30, 2016. The one-year extension now will run through June 30, 2017.
Light became Wylie's superintendent in 2008.
- Texas murder suspect arrested; was in Daytona for the races
- Los Arcos restaurant to reopen Wednesday in Abilene
- Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program